Creating A New Article With Solodev
This article will teach you to create and publish a post in Solodev.
1.) Head to the Solodev website and log in with your credentials. You should be greeted with a pane similar to this one:
2.) Expand the "Data Center" directory and then "Articles." Click on the Articles link (with the red/green box).
3.) Click "Add Entry" This will take you to a typical WYSIWYG text editor.
4.) Write your article, and then turn your attention to the options in the right-hand pane. The scheduling options allow you to specify a timespan that the post will be active for. You will not need to set a stop-date on most articles.
5.) Assign your article to a category. Browse the categories and check the box when you're ready to file the article under that heading.
- IMPORTANT: If an article is not assigned a category, it will not show up on the website/front page!
- Always assign a category when publishing a post for the public.
6.) At the bottom of your post, you will need to modify a couple of options.
Background Image: Only upload a background image if you're posting the story to the front page. This image will be displayed as your story's thumbnail on the front page.
- Click "Choose File"
- Select a file from your computer or a local folder
- Upload the image
- Known Issue: Cannot choose an image from existing server files. I will be working on this. For now, just be aware you need to upload from your computer.
Top Story: Checking this box will promote the post to the front page. (Make sure you've assigned the article a category as well!)
Member Tier: Modify this selection if you want to restrict access to the content.
7.) Once you're done, hit "Save" Your post will be published instantly!
- Articles will not be given preview links until they are saved.
- Articles are only placed on the public website if they are given a category.